35 Awesome Sea Quotes and Captions You Should Read
March 16, 2021
The Best Sea Quotes and Captions
There is something about the word ‘sea’ that allows an immediate sense of calm to wash over me.
I can’t help envisioning myself staring out at the ocean and smelling the sea salt while my hair blows back and forth in the sea breeze. Add in a picnic on the sand with a French baguette and some brie cheese on a weekend afternoon and it’s like my mind is guiding me on my own mediation through imagination.
I’m curious. What is it that you picture when you think of the sea?
I have written about quotes pertaining to the ocean and vacation before; my beach quotes post is a popular article. But, I noticed that some of you were looking specifically for sea quotes and sea captions. That is why I decided to make a post specifically dedicated to quotes about the sea and captions for the sea.
It’s interesting. At the time, I hadn’t even thought that it might be prudent to separate these posts. However, the sea, the ocean, the beach, and the shore — each word brings back a completely different memory — so it makes absolute sense that anyone researching quotes about any one of these terms would be looking for something more specific.
If you would like further inspiration or quotes that pertain more to the beach, definitely take a look at these beach quotes in my post entitled 30 Best Beach Quotes You Need to Read.
Quotes about the Sea
1.“Smell the sea and feel the sky. Let your soul and spirit fly.” – Van Morrison
2. “Take me to the ocean. Let me sail the open sea. To breathe the warm and salty air and dream of things to be.” – Erica Billups
3. “I’m pretty sure my birthstone is a sea shell.” – Unknown
4. “We dream in colors borrowed from the sea.” – Unknown
5. “You can never cross the ocean until you have courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Christopher Columbus
6. “Dance with the waves, move with the sea. Let the rhythm of the water set your soul free.” – Christy Ann Martine
7. The first “I believe in the ocean curing all bad moods. I believe in the waves wiping away worries. I believe in seashells bringing good luck. I believe in toes in the sand grounding my soul.” – Unknown
8. “Follow the river and you will find the sea.” – French Proverb
9. “The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.” – Jacques Yves Cousteau
10. “A beach is not only a sweep of sand, but shells of sea creatures, the sea glass, the seaweed, the incongruous objects washed up by the ocean.” – Henry Grunwald
11. “Advice from the Ocean: Be shore of yourself. Come out of your shell. Take time to coast. Avoid pier pressure. Sea life’s beauty. Don’t get so tide down on work that you miss out on life’s beautiful waves.” – Unknown
12. “Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
13. “Friends, sun, sand and sea. That sounds like a summer to me.” – Unknown
14. “The sea is an underwater museum still awaiting its visitors.” – Phillip Diole
15. “The sea always filled her with longing, though for what she was never sure.” – Cornelia Funke
16. “My soul is full of longing for the secret of the sea, and the heart of the great ocean sends a thrilling pulse through me.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
17. “You can’t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.” – Rabindranath Tagore
18. “The sea appears all golden. Beneath the sun-lit sky.” – Heinrich Heine
19. Is this chicken what I have, or is this fish? I know it’s tuna, but it says ‘Chicken of the Sea’.” – Jessica Simpson 🙂
20. “The sea does not link to be restrained.”- Rick Riordan
21. “At sea, I learned how little a person needs, not how much.” – Robin Lee Graham
22. Meet me where the sky touches the sea – Jennifer Donnelly
23. Happier than a seagull with a French fry
24. You are the only fish in the sea for me
25. Sometimes in the waves of change we find our true direction
26. Retirement Plan: Sell seashells by the seashore
27. A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor
28. Seas the day!
29. You me and the sea
30. Long time no sea
31. We got no troubles
Life is the Bubbles
Under the Sea
– The Little Mermaid, “Under the Sea”
32. The sea calls to me
33. Wild and free just like the sea
34. The sound and smell of the sea cleanses my soul
35. “Sea la vie!”
36. “See the line where the sky meets the sea? It calls me. And no one knows, how far it goes.”
– Moana, “How Far I’ll Go”
37. “I was mermaid for this sea-sun.”
What were your favorite sea quotes and sea captions on this list? If you have your own favorite sea beach quotes, captions for the sea, sea breeze quotes, or seaside quotes, please share them in the comments below!
BONUS: if you’ve never used Airbnb, get a $40 credit by clicking here for a coupon!
Looking to plan more details for your upcoming trip? Check out some of my other posts!