22 Awesome Vacation Quotes You Need to Read
October 17, 2019
22 BEST VACATION QUOTES
Vacation: def. sitting on a lounge chair, reading a book, drinking a mai tai, all the while considering dinner options. It’s a time to recharge and restore your body and mind.
To me, a vacation could not be more opposite to a trip where the focus is not on me, but instead on learning about other cultures, seeing historical sights, and embracing a different lifestyle. Both are fabulous, but both serve entirely different purposes. That is why I wanted to differentiate between the travel quotes posts out there and instead curate a list of some of the best vacation quotes. If you want to read travel quotes about friendship though, check out my post here.
Just as vacations should be, most of these quotes are light and fun although I did choose to include some well-known authors like Mark Twain and Leo Tolstoy who share their wisdom and inspiration through their words. So whether you are counting down the days until your next vacation, or you are looking for that perfect Instagram caption for your summer vacation photos, hopefully these vacation quotes will provide some comic relief sprinkled with a little bit of inspiration.
Read More: 30 Best Beach Quotes You Need to Read
1. “A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking.” – Earl Wilson
2. “My favorite place to vacation is anyplace by the ocean.” – Nina Arianda
3. “An upcoming vacation gives us something to eagerly anticipate.” -Jaime Kurtz
4. “Isn’t it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?” – Zig Ziglar
5. “Take vacations, go as many places as you can, you can always make money, you can’t awakes make memories.”
6. “The vacation we often need is freedom from our own mind.” -Jack Adam Weber
7. “A vacation is having nothing to do and all day to do it in.” – Robert Orben
8. “I love my job only when I’m on vacation.”
9. “I hope your vacation gives you the pleasure you need so that you don’t have to think of any problems back at home. Enjoy your vacation.”
10. “I need a six month vacation, twice a year.”
11. “I need a vacation, not a stupid weekend.”
12. Don’t pick a job with great vacation time. Pick one that doesn’t need escaping.”
13. “The average vacation is one-tenth playing—nine-tenths paying.” -Arnold Glasow
14. “Don’t bother me I’m on vacation.”
15. “Happiness consists of living each day as if it were the first day of your honeymoon and the last day of your vacation.” – Leo Tolstoy
16. “Just a reminder that I’m going on vacation and you’re not.”
17. “Make your vocation your vacation. That is the secret to success.” – Mark Twain
18. “Laughter is an instant vacation.” – Milton Berle
19. “Vacation calories don’t count.”
20. “No man needs a vacation so much as the man who has just had one.” – Elbert Hubbard
21. “My goal is to hit the gym every day I’m on vacation. Usually I just end up sleeping and drinking beer.” – Gary Allan
22. “One-week vacations are too short to prevent burnout; by the time you relax enough not to think about the office the week is almost up.” – Cecilia Mikalac
23. “I want to vacation so long, I forget all my passwords.” – Unknown
What were your favorite quotes about vacation on this list? If you have a favorite vacation quote or any other awesome travel quotes, please share them in the comments below!
BONUS: if you’ve never used Airbnb, get a $40 credit by clicking here.
Looking to plan more details for your upcoming trip? Check out some of my other posts!
This post contains affiliate links. That means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking the link.