70 Greece Quotes & Captions You Should Read NOW
July 15, 2021
Inspirational Quotes about Greece + Clever Instagram Captions
Are you traveling to Greece and looking for some inspo? Or maybe you just returned from your trip and are missing the turquoise blue waters, whitewashed roofs, and large blocks of feta cheese on your Greek salad. Whatever the reason, these Greece quotes and Greece captions are a perfect way to share your trip experiences on social media, or just straight up reminisce about that glorious time where you were driving a quad around an island chasing sunsets.
If you haven’t yet left your trip, make sure to check out all the rest of my posts about Greece including this 10 day Greece itinerary to Athens, Santorini, and Mykonos. Now, let’s get into these quotes about Greece!
1.“The light of Greece opened my eyes, penetrated my pores, expanded my whole being.” – Henry Miller
2. “Greece is a good place for rebirths.” – Judith Martin
3. “It takes a lifetime for someone to discover Greece, but it only takes an instant to fall in love with her.” – Henry Miller
4. “Greece appears to be the fountain of knowledge; Rome of elegance.” – Samuel Johnson
5. “Greece was a muse. It inspired creativity in magical ways that I can’t even begin to understand or explain.” – Joe Bonamassa
6. “The world is the expanding Greece and Greece is the shrinking world.” – Victor Hugo
7. “Life isn’t black and white. It’s blue and white!”
8. “The problem with Greece is that she’s just too beautiful.” – Dimitra Tzanos
9. “Happy is the man, I thought, who, before dying, has the good fortune to sail the Aegean sea.” – Nikos Kazantzakis
10. “I want to see the Parthenon by moonlight.” – Daphne Du Maurier
11. “In many ways we are all sons and daughters of ancient Greece.” – Nia Vardalos
12. “Greece has got something like 1,400 islands. There is so much of Greece you can’t know even if you’re Greek. It’s sprinkled out all around the edge of the Aegean, all over the place. It’s already a secret place wherever you go, even if it’s somewhere huge like Athens or Corinth. The place enchanted me.” – Joanna Lumley
13. “We are all Greeks. Our laws, our literature, our religion, our arts have their root in Greece.” – Percy Bysshe Shelley
14. “On a summer night, I have sat on the balcony drinking Ouzo, watching the ghosts of Greek Heroes sailing past, listening to the rustle of their sail cloths and the gentle lapping of their oars.” – Phil Simpkin
15. “In a way, it’s nice to know that there are Greek gods out there, because you have somebody to blame when things go wrong.” -Rick Riordan
16. “Her dress sparkled like the stars that blanketed the Mykonos night sky.” – Anthea Syrokou
17. “Greece – The feeling of being lost in time and geography with months and years hazily sparkling ahead in a prospect of inconjecturable magic – Patrick Leigh Fermor
18. “Greece is a good place to look at the moon, isn’t it?” – Kari Hesthamar
19. “I want to have an ‘Eat, Pray, Love’ experience where I drop off the face of the planet and move to Greece.” – Jennifer Hyman
20. “Get ready for wine, raki, and getting hand-fed by strangers.” – Anthony Bourdain
21. “Athens, the eye of Greece, mother of arts and eloquence, native to famous wits.” – John Milton
22. “The center of Western culture is Greece, and we have never lost our ties with the architectural concepts of that ancient civilization.” – Stephen Gardiner
23. There are two kinds of people. Greeks, and everyone else who wish they was Greek. – My big fat Greek wedding
24. “In every island of the Aegean Sea are found abundant traces of a vast prehistoric empire.” – James Theodore Bent
25. “Earth proudly wears the Parthenon as the best gem upon her zone.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
26. “According to some theories, the legendary Atlantis said to have sunk beneath the sea in a great cataclysm, is in actuality the Greek Island of Santorini.” – Laura Brooks
27. “If you go back to the Greeks and Romans, they talk about all three – wine, food, and art – as a way of enhancing life.” – Robert Mondavi
Greece Instagram Captions w/ Some Fun Puns
28. It’s all Greek to me
29. On the Rhode again!
30. All Rhodes lead to Greece
31. Greece is the place to be
32. Arrived in the land of ouzo and gyros
33. Long time no sea
34. You Odyssey this view!
35. I can be your gyro, baby!
36. Feta late than never!
37. The city just ouzos with charm
38. So many blue-tiful views in Santorini!
39. I Hades to have to leave
40. Just getting some fresh Ares
41. Gimme a pita that!
42. My Apollo-gies for the cheesy puns
43. What’s Athen-in’?
44. Greeking out over these views
45. Why, it’s Greeced lightning!
46. Greecey hair, don’t care.
47. Grecian Goddess
48. What Athens in Greece, stays in Greece
49. Mamma Mia! Here I go again!
50. Mornings in Mykonos
51. Memories from Mykonos
52. Santorini Sunsets
53. Santorini Strolls
Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants Quotes
54. “She perched on her windowsill, gazing at the lurid sun soaking into the Caldera, trying to appreciate it even though she couldn’t have it. Why did she always feel she had to do something in the face of beauty?”
― Ann Brashares, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
55. “There was a mysterious chasm between this island and the greater world, just like there was between old and young, ancient and new.”
― Ann Brashares, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
Quotes from the Durrells
56. “Gradually the magic of the island [Corfu] settled over us as gently and clingingly as pollen.” –
57. “My childhood in Corfu shaped my life. If I had the craft of Merlin, I would give every child the gift of my childhood.” –
58. “Travel can be one of the most rewarding forms of introspection.” – Lawrence Durrell
59. “A city becomes a world when one loves one of its inhabitants.” – Lawrence Durrell
Greek Philosophers Quotes
60. “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” -Aristotle
61. “Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” -Aristotle
62. “Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.” -Aristotle
63. “Friendship is a single soul dwelling in two bodies.” -Aristotle
64. “In all things of nature, there is something of the marvelous.” -Aristotle
65. “Experience, travel – these are an education in themselves.” -Euripides
66. “I can’t teach anybody anything. I can only make them think.” – Socrates
67. “Wisdom begins in wonder.” -Socrates
68. “I know that I am intelligent because I know that I know nothing.” -Plato
69. “You don’t develop courage by being happy in your relationships everyday. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.” – Epicurus
70. “There is nothing permanent except change.” – Heraclitus
What were your favorite Greece quotes and captions on this list? If you have your own favorite quotes about Greece, please share them in the comments below! And don’t forget to check out these other posts on WOAW!