30 Best Beach Quotes You Need to Read
October 17, 2019
The Best Beach Quotes and Beach Instagram Captions
Give a little shoutout if you appreciate the value of a true beach vacation more as you get older.
You know…the kind where you lay your body down on a lounge chair for a week straight and deep dive into that summer beach read that may or may not have been from the Young Adult section of your local library. If it has a 3.8 rating on Goodreads then YA is totally justified, right? This is the kind of vacation where you only get up from that lounge chair to pig out on dinner before entering a food coma and putting yourself to bed at 9:00 PM.
Having resisted against this type of relaxation in favor of sightseeing trips for so many years, I think it took learning how to actually relax before I recognized that “trip balance” is so important. I now make it a priority to discern what my body and mind need and then I plan accordingly. Am I yearning for peace or adventure?
And, just because your beach vacation is supposed to be relaxing, doesn’t always mean it’s a seamless transition. It might take a couple of days to get into vacation mode.
Between travels, I love reading beach quotes because they absolutely bring a sense of nostalgia for your last beach trip and inspire you to plan an upcoming beach outing. That is why I decided to curate a list of my absolute favorite beach sayings, including some funny beach quotes, inspirational beach quotes, and beach photo captions as well. Hopefully these quotes will allow you to dream up your next beach vacation, and then actually get you to actively plan one ASAP!
And, when you do…then check out my post: 22 Awesome Vacation Quotes You Need to Read.
1. “At the beach, life is different. Time doesn’t move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides and follow the sun. “ – Sandy Gingras
2. “Because there’s nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it’s sent away.” – Sarah Kay
3. “To escape and sit quietly on the beach – that’s my idea of paradise.” – Emilia Wickstead
4. “Beach Rules: Soak up the sun. Ride the waves. Breathe the salty air. Feel the breeze. Build sandcastles. Rest, relax, reflect. Collect seashells. Bare-feet required.”- Unknown
5. “If you need me, call me on my shell.” – Unknown
6. “Life takes you down many paths but my favorite ones lead to the beach.” – Unknown
7. “B.E.A.C.H.: Best Escape Anyone Can Have.“ – Unknown
8. “I’m pretty sure my birthstone is a sea shell.” – Unknown
9. “The ocean stirs the heart, inspires the imagination and brings eternal joy to the soul.“ – Robert Wyland
10. “We dream in colors borrowed from the sea.” – Unknown
11. “My life is like a stroll upon the beach, as near to the ocean’s edge as I can go.” – Henry David Thoreau
12. “An ocean breeze puts a mind at ease.” – Unknown
13. “Only at the beach can we go a splishin’ and a splashin’.”- Kate Summers
14. “Give me coffee to change the things I can, and the beach to accept the things I can’t.” – Unknown
15. “Time wasted at the beach is time well spent.” – Unknown
16. “I believe in the ocean curing all bad moods. I believe in the waves wiping away worries. I believe in seashells bringing good luck. I believe in toes in the sand grounding my soul.” – Unknown
17. “My sense of direction leads me one way: to the beach.“ – Unknown
18. “A beach is not only a sweep of sand, but shells of sea creatures, the sea glass, the seaweed, the incongruous objects washed up by the ocean.” – Henry Grunwald
19. “Individually we are one drop. Together we are an ocean.” – Ryunosuke Satoro
20. “Advice from the Ocean: Be shore of yourself. Come out of your shell. Take time to coast. Avoid pier pressure. Sea life’s beauty. Don’t get so tide down on work that you miss out on life’s beautiful waves.” – Unknown
21. Feeling stressed? There’s a beach for that. – Unknown
22. “Sometimes in the waves of change we find our true direction.” – Unknown
23. “Sky above, sand below, peace within.” – Unknown
24. “Dance with the waves, move with the sea. Let the rhythm of the water set your soul free.” – Christy Ann Martine
25. “99 problems but a beach ain’t one.” – based on Jay-Z 🙂
26. “What I want in a good beach read is sunshine, drama, easy-reading and transportation to another world and other people’s problems.” – Jane Green
27. “The beach is not always a place, sometimes it’s a feeling.” – Unknown
28. “Your only worry should be if the tide is going to reach the chair.” – based on Zac Brown Band lyric
29. “I followed my heart, and it led me to the beach.” – Unknown
30. “Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
31. “Friends, sun, sand and sea. That sounds like a summer to me.” – Unknown
What were your favorite beach quotes on this list? If you have favorite beach captions, ocean quotes, beach sayings, or beach musings (whatever you want to call it:), please share them in the comments below!
BONUS: if you’ve never used Airbnb, get a $40 credit by clicking here for a coupon!
Looking to plan more details for your upcoming trip? Check out some of my other posts!