75+ Best Beach Quotes You NEED to Read
July 19, 2021
The Best Beach Quotes and Beach Instagram Captions
Give a little shoutout if you appreciate the value of a true beach vacation more as you get older.
You know…the kind where you lay your body down on a lounge chair for a week straight and deep dive into that summer beach read that may or may not have been from the Young Adult section of your local library. If it has a 3.8 rating on Goodreads then YA is totally justified, right? This is the kind of vacation where you only get up from that lounge chair to gorge at dinner before entering a food coma and putting yourself to bed at 9:00 PM.
Having resisted against this type of relaxation in favor of sightseeing trips for so many years, I think it took learning how to actually relax before I recognized that “trip balance” is so important. I now make it a priority to discern what my body and mind need and then I plan accordingly. Am I yearning for peace or adventure?
Your beach vacation is supposed to be relaxing, but that doesn’t always mean it’s a seamless transition. The soft sand beneath your feet, the beautiful waves crashing on the shoreline, and the entire ocean at your fingertips is so restorative. It might take a couple of days to get into vacation mode. And that’s ok!
Between travels, I love reading inspiring beach quotes because they absolutely bring a sense of nostalgia for your last beach trip and inspire you to plan an upcoming beach day. That is why I decided to curate a list of my absolute favorite beach sayings, including some funny beach quotes, inspirational beach quotes, and beach photo captions as well. Hopefully these quotes about beaches will allow you to dream up your next beach vacation, and then actually get you to actively plan one ASAP!
And, when you do…check out my post on vacation quotes: 22 Awesome Vacation Quotes You Need to Read.
Beautiful Beach Quotes
1. “At the beach, life is different. Time doesn’t move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides and follow the sun. “ – Sandy Gingras
2. “To escape and sit quietly on the beach – that’s my idea of paradise.” – Emilia Wickstead
3. Feeling stressed? There’s a beach for that. – Unknown
4. “Beach Rules: Soak up the sun. Ride the waves. Breathe the salty air. Feel the breeze. Build sandcastles. Rest, relax, reflect. Collect seashells. Bare-feet required.”- Unknown
5. “If you need me, call me on my shell.” – Unknown
6. “Life takes you down many paths but my favorite ones lead to the beach.” – Unknown
7. “B.E.A.C.H.: Best Escape Anyone Can Have.“ – Unknown
8. “I’m pretty sure my birthstone is a sea shell.” – Unknown
9. “To go out with the setting sun on an empty beach is to truly embrace your solitude.” – Jeanne Moreau
10. “After a visit to the beach, it’s hard to believe that we live in a material world.” – Pam Shaw
11. “It is because it has some potent power to make us think things we like to think.” – Robert Henri
12. “Sky above, sand below, peace within. “If there’s heaven for me, I’m sure it has a beach attached to it.” – Jimmy Buffett
13. “We dream in colors borrowed from the sea.” – Unknown
14. “My life is like a stroll upon the beach, as near to the ocean’s edge as I can go.” – Henry David Thoreau
15. “Only at the beach can we go a splishin’ and a splashin’.”- Kate Summers
16. “When the warm grains of sand touch our hearts, we know we’re in the right place.” Unknown
17. “A day at the beach restores the soul.” Unknown
18. “A beach and warm weather is all I really need.” – Rob Gronkowski
19. “One learns first of all in beach living the art of shredding; how little one can get along with, not how much.” – Anne Morrow Lindbergh
20. “We walk up the beach under the stars. And when we are tired of walking, we lie flat on the sand under a bowl of stars. We feel stretched, expanded to take in their compass. They pour into us until we are filled with stars, up to the brim.” – Anne Morrow Lindbergh
21. “In one drop of water are found all the secrets of all the oceans.” – Kahlil Gibran
22. “Give me coffee to change the things I can, and the beach to accept the things I can’t.” – Unknown
23. “Time wasted at the beach is time well spent.” – Unknown
24. “My sense of direction leads me one way: to the beach.“ – Unknown
25. “A beach is not only a sweep of sand, but shells of sea creatures, the sea glass, the seaweed, the incongruous objects washed up by the ocean.” – Henry Grunwald
26. “Individually we are one drop. Together we are an ocean.” – Ryunosuke Satoro
27. “Dance with the waves, move with the sea. Let the rhythm of the water set your soul free.” – Christy Ann Martine
28. “I followed my heart, and it led me to the beach.” – Unknown
29. “Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
30. “Friends, sun, sand and sea. That sounds like a summer to me.” – Unknown
31. “In every outthrust headland, in every curving beach, in every grain of sand there is the story of the earth.” – Rachel Carson
32. “What I want in a good beach read is sunshine, drama, easy-reading and transportation to another world and other people’s problems.” – Jane Green
33. “Catch a wave and you’re sitting on top of the world.” – The Beach Boys
34. “Advice from the Ocean: Be shore of yourself. Come out of your shell. Take time to coast. Avoid pier pressure. Sea life’s beauty. Don’t get so tide down on work that you miss out on life’s beautiful waves.” – Unknown
35. “Sometimes in the waves of change we find our true direction.” – Unknown
36. “Sky above, sand below, peace within.” – Unknown
37. “The beach is not always a place, sometimes it’s a feeling.” – Unknown
38. “Your only worry should be if the tide is going to reach the chair.” – based on Zac Brown Band lyric
39. “Every time I stand before a beautiful beach, its waves seem to whisper to me: If you choose the simple things and find joy in nature’s simple treasures, life and living need not be so hard.” – Psyche Roxas-Mendoza
40. “To myself I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.” – Isaac Newton
41. “My god, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches.” William Goldman (in The Princess Bride)
42. “I read and walked for miles at night along the beach, writing bad blank verse and searching endlessly for someone wonderful who would step out of the darkness and change my life. It never crossed my mind that that person could be me.” – Anna Quindlen
43. “Every time I slip into the ocean, it’s like going home.” – Sylvia Earle
44. “No words can express, The depth of her contentment, As she walks along the beach. As the waves lap against the shores, They create the rhythm of her life. Balmy breeze kiss, Her sun-bronzed skin, And she wonders. Could there ever be a greater destiny, Than to be born with love, For the treasures of the sea? Here, she is home.” – Suzy Toronto
45. “When you walk on the beach at night, you can say things you can’t say in real life.” – Jenny Han
46. “The beach to me is a sacred zone between the earth and the sea, one of those in-between places where transitions can be experienced — where endings can be mourned and beginnings birthed.” – Joan Anderson
47. “Because there’s nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it’s sent away.” – Sarah Kay
48. “The ocean stirs the heart, inspires the imagination and brings eternal joy to the soul.“ – Robert Wyland
49. “An ocean breeze puts a mind at ease.” – Unknown
50. “I believe in the ocean curing all bad moods. I believe in the waves wiping away worries. I believe in seashells bringing good luck. I believe in toes in the sand grounding my soul.” – Unknown
51. “For her the ocean was more than a dream, it was a place she needed to visit to find herself. And when she returned to the city, you could see the sun in her eyes, the wind in her hair, and taste in the infinite salt on her lips.” –
52. “Ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of Time.” – H.P. Lovecraft
53. “She loves the serene brutality of the ocean, loves the electric power she felt with each breath of wet, briny air.” – Holly Black
54. “Your thoughts, feelings and sensations are the waves of the ocean coming and going. There are big strong waves and there are soft gentle waves; they are all water and all part of the ocean.” – Rose-Marie Sorokin
55. “The calming movement of the sea along with the restless ocean breeze gently caresses me creating a soothing trance which lulls me to a place of peace.” – M. L. Borges
56. “I could never stay long enough on the shore; the tang of the untainted, fresh, and free sea air was like a cool, quieting thought.” – Helen Keller
Funny Beach Captions
57. “99 problems but a beach ain’t one.” – based on Jay-Z 🙂
58. Beach you to it.
59. Beach, please!
60. Resting beach face.
61. How to have a beach body: 1. Have a body 2. Go to the beach
62. Salt water heals all wounds.
63. Talk to the sand.
64. Don’t worry, beach happy.
65. Tropic like it’s hot.
66. Sun of a beach
67. Shell yeah!
68. I’m an aquaholic.
69. I don’t wanna be tide down.
70. Happy as a clam.
71. A midsummer ice cream.
72. Just a fish out of water.
73. It’s time for some beach therapy.
74. No one likes shady beaches.
75. Summer means happy times and good sunshine.
76. Beach vibes only
Did you find the beach quote you were looking for? I really hope so! If you want to keep searching, check out my post on the top 35 Awesome Sea Quotes and Captions You Need to Read including some famous quotes by Jacques Cousteau. With these famous quotes about the sea, you’ll double your chance of finding your new favorite quote!
What were your favorite beach quotes on this list? If you have favorite beach captions, ocean quotes, beach sayings, or beach musings for summer days, please share them in the comments below!
BONUS: if you’ve never used Airbnb, get a $40 credit by clicking here for a coupon!
Looking to plan more details for your upcoming trip? Check out some of my other posts!